The last time I made pistachio nut butter for these absolutely drool-worthy pancakes, I just knew it in my heart that this butter was destined for better things!
And by better things I mean these white chocolate pistachio truffles.
Please don’t picture a gloop-y butter of spreadable consistency. This is a firmer butter that can be hand rolled.
Isn’t that the whole point of making truffles!
Pistachios are used abundantly in my home. The level of abundance reaches an all new high when there are festivities (read Eid) which take place just twice each year but believe me, the amount of nuts, ghee and dairy that goes into making festive desserts makes up for the rest of the 363 days!
The thought of using pistachios entirely for Christmas gift giving never occurred to me and when it did a few days ago, I thought, huh, why not?
So, obviously I wanted to make it fit for Christmas and what better way than to make some hand rolled truffles!
Apart from being super scrumptious (Hello Nuts overload + White chocolate), they are super healthy as there is no added sugar and almost vegan (if you can find vegan white chocolate) and are perfect for giving away edible Christmas gifts!
Talk about being indulgent without feeling any guilt considering there’s going to be a lot of guilty indulgence in the coming weeks.
Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell rock!!!!
They barely take 15 minutes to make. Yes. For real!!
I’ve also added some cashews along with pistachios because I absolutely LOVE them! You can make it entirely with pistachios if you want or can even experiment with different kinds of nuts or by mixing up all the nuts!
So many possibilities!
Make the pistachio nut butter, shape them into balls, dip them into melted white chocolate and after they dry (which literally takes 2-3 minutes) drizzle some melted dark chocolate over the truffles and sprinkle with crushed pistachios and cacao nibs.
Make these white chocolate pistachio truffles for your loved ones this Christmas! They will love it!
- 125 grams unsalted shelled pistachios
- 75 grams cashews
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Date Syrup
- 2 tsp melted Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp + 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- Crushed pistachios and cacao nibs for decorating
- In a food processor or blender with chopper attachment, add the pistachios, cashews, date syrup and the coconut oil along with the cardamom powder.
- Blend until it forms a paste but stop immediately once it comes together. You do not want the nuts to release their oils.
- It will resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Take about 2 tsp of the butter into your hands. Shape them into balls and place them on a parchment paper.
- Melt the white and dark chocolates separately in different bowls in a microwave.
- Dip the nut butter balls into the melted white chocolate and drizzle the dark chocolate with a fork over the truffles.
- Top with crushed pistachios and cacao nibs.
Make it vegan by using Dairy free // vegan White Chocolate