This Pomegranate Orange Cooler is the perfect way to start any party.
Christmas is just a day away and with the New Year set to begin in nearly a week from now, bidding your goodbyes to 2014 should be done in style, yes?
I’m sure there’s a ton of party invites lying in every corner of your home and if it isn’t then it’s probably because you’re the one hosting a party for all your loved ones. In any case, the one thing that’s sure to be the star for the next few days is food.
Lots and lots of food!
So, let’s make this super simple and stress free for you now, shall we?
Although it’s freezing outside, a drink is always ALWAYS appreciated!
While the base ingredients for this Pomegranate Orange Cooler remain the same, you can spruce it up with the soda of your choice (but a clear one would be better to make sure that drink looks refreshingly cool)
I’ve used Sprite but you could use plain soda and if a pronounced ginger flavour is what you think will be loved by your guests then pour in Ginger Ale and you’re good to go!
You can even turn this mocktail into a cocktail by replacing the soda with vodka or combining both.
This drink is so highly customizable, you can actually keep an assortment of these bottles and based on the preferences of your guests, serve them accordingly!
Everyone stays happy!
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 mls water
- 2 inch long ginger, peeled and quartered.
- 5-6 sprigs of mint, chopped
- 150 mls freshly squeezed orange juice
- 75 mls freshly squeezed lime juice
- 100 mls freshly made pomegranate juice.
- 200 mls Sprite (or soda, Ginger Ale, Vodka or a combination of Vodka and any other soda)
- First make the simple syrup. In a large saucepan, add the sugar, water, ginger and mint.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally and making sure that all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the orange and lime juice.
- Stir well and put it into the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes to chill.
- In a tall glass, add 5-6 ice cubes, about 35 millilitres or a little less than half a cup of the orange-lime and ginger simple syrup, about 1-2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice and the soda or vodka based on how much you’d like to fill the glass up. This can be customized as per your liking.
- Garnish with a few arils of pomegranate and a wedge of orange and serve.
You can also use store bought orange and pomegranate juice if pressed for time.