*This post is sponsored by Urban Platter.
These peach almond financiers are light as a feather and deliciously buttery with sweetness from the almond meal and summery peaches.
I’d never heard of elevenses until I moved to Dublin where I lived for a couple of years. This tradition involves gathering at the kitchen table and having a little snack, think scones, muffins or tea cakes with, of course, a cup of Irish tea – boiling hot water poured over a strong tea bag and finished with a drop of milk (optional but so worth it). I shared the house with my landlady and another housemate. My housemates would change often as they’d either visit Dublin as tourists or study in universities for a short semester. On a side note, this was such a beautiful experience as you got to meet so many people from different countries, cultures and age groups! So, every morning at about 11ish, no matter what we were doing, we’d gather at the kitchen table and savour some cake and tea! Of course, if we were in classes, this didn’t happen! 💁🏽♀️ But most days of the week, this had become tradition!
Tea cakes are such delicate treats. They’re dainty but they’re also packed with flavour! The small size enables the cake to have incredible moisture and a tender crumb too! Needless to say, when Urban Platter sent me their finely ground all natural California Almond Flour, I knew that the only thing that would do this beautiful ingredient any justice were these Peach Almond Financiers!
Why I love these Peach Almond Financiers so much is the simple fact that it’s super easy to make them! You do not need too many equipments, a bowl and a trusty whisk and you’re sorted! Once you’ve measured out all the ingredients, it literally comes together in less than 15 minutes and takes only about 15 minutes to bake! Basically you have your teacakes ready in 30 minutes! How amazing is that! What’s not to love – they taste great and can be whipped up so quickly too!
I like using browned butter in these Peach Almond Financiers. These dainty tea cakes need melted butter, now if you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ll know my love for browned butter! So naturally, I love to go a step further and brown it to add a nutty caramel like flavour profile to these beauties.
Another very important ingredient is the Almond flour. It’s so important to use only the best quality as it really impacts the flavour of these financiers. I use Urban Platter’s California Almond Flour as it really helps enhance the buttery flavour of these little summery tea cakes. It’s super fine and the resulting financiers create a melt-in-your-mouth texture with a tender crumb. The peaches stuffed inside the financiers while they bake releases all of the peach’s juicy goodness and it just makes these financiers a must have treat for your elevenses.
Don’t forget to get your almond flour from Urban Platter and make these ridiculously easy and dreamy Peach Almond Financiers to go with your cup of tea!
- 120 grams butter, browned
- 3 egg wites
- 35 grams all purpose flour
- 80 grams icing sugar
- 60 grams Urban Platter California almond flour
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a saucepan, add the butter and melt it. On medium heat, continue heating it without using a spoon / spatula and stir occasionally.
- The butter will start to brown. Take it off the heat and transfer into a bowl. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat Oven to 200 C / 400 F
- In a bowl, add the egg whites and using a whisk, whisk it lightly until it starts to get foamy, about 2 - 3 minutes by hand.
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into the egg white mix.
- Whisk it well until well combined.
- Add the Almond flour and mix well.
- Finally, pour the cooled brown butter and whisk until well incorporated.
- Grease a 12 hold muffin tray.
- Place a peach slice at the bottom
- Using an ice cream scoop pour the batter into each mold, filling it 3/4th way through.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool in the tray for 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix together icing sugar and water and drizzle over the financiers.
- Top with a peach slice.