Learn how to make the best blondies made with rich, golden brown butter and a decadent selection of mix-ins like dark chocolate, white chocolate and walnuts. These blondies are a perfect tea time treat and come together in just one bowl and within minutes.
watch the video:
If you want to learn how to make the best blondies then this is the recipe for you. It is extremely simple, only takes one bowl to be made and a few minutes. Give it 15 minutes of your time and you would have a slice of the fudgiest blondies. I like to add brown butter to my blondies instead of simply melting it. The browning of the butter gives a richness and enhanced taste that is difficult to match. Adding rich light brown sugar to this mix, transforms it into a caramelly fudgy goodness that is hard to match.
Adding the eggs next is what gives these blondies that crackly top. Once you do so, you need to whisk it very well for several minutes for it to have an impact. I like to use electric beaters and beat this mix with the eggs and vanilla in for a good 2 – 3 minute period. You’ll notice bubbles start to appear on the surface and that’s a very good indicator of the crackly top you’d like it to have.
Finally you add in the flour but once you do so, you only need to fold it into the batter. Avoid mixing too much as this will develop the gluten and will make your blondies tough. If you want the secret on how to make the best blondies, it is this! To make the blondies fudgy, you need to stop mixing the flour as soon as it gets incorporated. You also need to whisk the eggs well and you will get a fudgy blondie with the signature crackly top.
Make these blondies at home and I’m sure you will have friends and family fighting over these for the last piece with your cup of tea.
- 120 grams butter, browned
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 90 grams all purpose flour
- 50 grams walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50 grams white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a saucepan, heat butter until it begins to melt. Continue heating until the butter starts to brown. It will smell toasty and nutty.
- Take it off the heat and transfer to a bowl to cool completely.
- Add both sugars and mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Also add the vanilla extract.
- Beat on high speed using electric beaters for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Sift the flour in and fold gently using your spatula until well combined.
- Add the mix-ins.
- Mix well and pour in a 9 x 9 inch tin greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 - 16 minutes or until a skewer or knife inserted in the center of the blondies emerges with moist crumbs.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely to room temperature.
- Refrigerate overnight. Slice into 9 squares and serve.