Oh, before I begin with my post for today…
MY NEW BLOG DESIGN! *eeeeeeep*
This is like my very own identity on the internet now and I am just super thrilled! Thanks Adrien of Eclair Design for taking my blog to the next level! <3
Now, it’s obvious that I’d want to celebrate the new design with an amazing, ummm breakfast?
After all, the most important aspect of my life needs to be celebrated with the most important meal of the day, no?
Any why just me? I believe you guys should do that too.
And what better way to do that than this French Toast Strawberry Crostini for breakfast?
You get your carbs, fruit and well, who doesn’t like chocolate for breakfast, eh?
The French Toast makes the bread all crisp, sweet and cinnamon-y and this sweetness gets countered with the creaminess of the cream cheese. Add the strawberries and you get this tartness which is rounded perfectly with the chocolate-y goodness of Nutella!
Remember, moderation is the key! So, please don’t go crazy with the Nutella! (Or maybe just this once, since we’re celebrating and all 😉 )
- 300 mls whole full fat milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4th tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 French loaf sliced into 1” thick slices
- 4-5 tbsp butter
- 50 grams cream cheese softened
- 8-9 strawberries, halved
- 2 tbsp Nutella.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and sugar. Lightly beat the egg and add it to the mix.
- Add the vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Place 2 slices of the French loaf in the milk and egg mix and let it soak well. After about 1 minute, take them out and let the excess milk drain. Place it on a parchment paper.
- Heat a skillet well and add about 1 tbsp butter . Place the dipped slices of the bread in the hot pan and let it cook on one side for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat or until browned.
- Flip the bread and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the slices.
- Once all the French Toasts have been cooked and cooled thoroughly, slather the slices generously with cream cheese. Place the halved strawberries on them and drizzle with some Nutella.