These eggless funfetti cupcakes are a perfect colourful treat for birthdays or special occasions. The vanilla eggless sponge is speckled with colourful sprinkles that look like sunshine on a gloomy day!
How to make eggless funfetti cupcakes:
There’s something so uplifting about sprinkles. The colourful confetti that can be savoured on desserts adds a special touch when added to this eggless cake mix. The cupcake batter is speckled with these beauties and every bite reveals a brand new colour of coloured dots spread throughout this vanilla scented cupcake.
Ingredients to make this eggless cupcake recipe:
You cannot go wrong with this stunner! It’s a simple eggless vanilla cupcake batter made super light and spongy by adding a fizzy mix of baking soda and vinegar towards the end of the batter.It completely aerates the batter leaving it super soft, fluffy with a deliciously moist and tender crumb structure. The main hero ingredient of these cupcakes is hands down, the rainbow sprinkles or the funfetti. They add that burst of colour pops throughout the cupcake
Buttercream for birthday cake cupcakes:
As you may have guessed already, I’ve stuck with my favourite boiled milk buttercream frosting for this recipe. It is luxurious, creamy and just the right amount of sweet. You can flavour it with absolutely any extract you like – vanilla, almond, rose or even orange blossom. I’ve left it plain – I really wanted the milky creamy notes of this buttercream to shine. It really adds a special touch to these eggless funfetti cupcakes. I’ve chosen a beautifully pale blue pastel colour for these cupcakes and when you swirl them on cooled birthday cake cupcakes and add a touch of the sprinkles, it really elevates the beauty of these cupcakes!
These eggless funfetti cupcakes are ridiculously easy to make, they taste divine and can really add a special touch to absolutely any special occasion! I do hope that you will give these a go!
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- 20 grams corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams salted butter
- 200 milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons colourful rainbow sprinkles
- 250 grams milk
- 120 grams caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 140 grams salted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- In a bowl, sift dry ingredients - this includes the all purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda and caster sugar.
- Use a whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Add softened salted butter and with electric beaters on low speed, mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and first mix manually with beaters so as to ensure the milk doesn't splatter everywhere.
- Then on medium speed, mix for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar and the baking soda.
- It will get fizzy very quickly.
- Immediately add this to the cake batter and mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Finally add the rainbow sprinkles and fold gently.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- Pour one levelled scoop of batter or 3/4th of the way through the liners.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the centre emerges clean.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Follow the Boiled Milk Buttercream frosting technique.
- Colour the icing with a colour of your choice.
- Take the cooled cupcakes and using a Wilton 1M tip, pipe a swirl of the buttercream over the cupcakes and top with the rainbow sprinkles.