These eggless chocolate cupcakes are supremely decadent, soft and fluffy. The rich cocoa flavour provides an indulgent experience, a true cupcake classic.
How to make Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes:
Making these egg free cupcakes in rich cocoa flavour is extremely easy. A handful of ingredients and you have the most decadent cupcake ever. The cupcakes are light, fluffy and chock full of the chocolate flavour. I’ve previously showed you how to make eggless Vanilla Cupcakes. These are almost similar, except they have an indulgent chocolate flavour.
This eggless cake recipe is extremely versatile! The batter is so rich and light, you can use it to make not only cupcakes but also make this rich chocolate fudge cake eggless! You could also double the recipe and transform it into a rich chocolate layer cake. Do you see now? The possibilities for these chocolate flavoured egg free cupcakes are limitless.
Ingredients to make Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes:
The most obvious ingredient in this eggless cake recipe is the cocoa powder. I prefer using dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder as it adds an incredible amount of richness. Because of the low amount of sugar used in the recipe, the cake itself is not overly sweet. In fact, you will come across some bitter roasted notes from the unsweetened cocoa powder. This just adds on to the decadence factor.
Additionally, the dutch processed cocoa powder adds a deep dark rich colour to these eggless chocolate cupcakes. One bit is all it takes to experience the eternal indulgence. Whether you’re throwing a party for the kids, or suprising your loved one, these egg free cupcakes are sure to do the trick.
I really hope you give these eggless chocolate cupcakes a go! They’re absolutely delicious and I bet you’d be dreaming of these long after eating them.
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 15 grams corn flour
- 70 grams caster sugar
- 35 grams butter, room temperature
- 160 grams milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- In a bowl, sift all purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder, caster sugar and cocoa powder.
- Use a whisk to combine these ingredients well.
- Add softened salted butter and with electric beaters on low speed, continue mixing until well combined and resembles breadcrumbs.
- Use a spatula to go around the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Beat again for 20 - 30 seconds on low speed until combined.
- Add milk and mix on low for about 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, add baking soda to vinegar.
- It will bubble up. Immediately add this to the cake batter and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- The batter will look smooth and velvetty.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners 3/4th way through.
- Bake at 160 C / 320 F for about 20 - 22 minutes or until a skewer / knife inserted in the centre of the cupcakes emerge clean.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven, let them cool down to room temperature.
- Frost with your favourite frosting.
- Add sprinkles and serve.