These 3 ingredient butter cookies are delightfully buttery and melt in your mouth! Made with just butter, icing sugar and flour, these make for the perfect Christmas Gift this Festive season.
watch the video:
There is something so comforting about eating cookies while sipping a hot beverage. Think a rich, indulgent hot chocolate, a cold winter afternoon and a book that has you transported into another world. Now imagine biting into some crisp, shortbread-like buttery cookies that melt in your mouth within seconds, all washed down with your hot cocoa! Sounds like the perfect winter afternoon to me! You can bring this imagination to life with these 3 ingredient butter cookies.
Making them could not be simpler! The only thing you need is a massive amount of patience. That’s because although the cookie dough comes together in less than 10 minutes, it is recommended that you freeze the cookies after piping them. The duration could be a couple of hours or for best results, freezing them for an entire 24 hour period would ensure that your cookies retain their thick shape.
If you know me, you’d also know that I always run very low on patience. I hate waiting and while this is excellent in situations in which you’d usually procrastinate, it’s clearly not the best when I was trying to make these 3 ingredient butter cookies! The result, as you can see, is a little flat and misshapen cookie. However, below you will find a photo of the same dough that was rested for 24 hours in the freezer! So, kids – here’s your lesson, freeze the damn dough before baking!
The consistency of the cookie dough itself is very loose. This makes it very easy to pipe the dough onto your cookie sheet. Once you’ve done that, please freeze the dough! This will help the cookie keep its shape when it’s baking in the oven. Although these are 3 ingredient butter cookies, you can customize these as you’d like. For instance, you could add a splash of vanilla or almond extract. You could also add some rose or orange blossom water. Zest a lemon or an orange and add a beautifully subtle citrus flavour to these cookies. The possibilities are absolutely endless.
These cookies make for the perfect Christmas present. Double or triple this recipe and arrange them in a metal tin, complete with a gift tag and a thoughtful Christmas card! How I love this festive season!
- 100 grams salted butter, room temperature
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- Cream butter using electric beaters on medium speed for about 2 minutes, until it gets pale and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and cream for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Use a Wilton 1M or any piping tip you like.
- Pipe the dough into rosettes on a cookie tray lined with parchment sheet.
- Freeze overnight.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 8 - 9 minutes or until the sides go golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack before storing in airtight containers.