These chocolate chunk pistachio cookies are crisp and chewy with melted chunks of chocolate and crunchy pistachios as you bite into the cookie.
Life without cookies seems like quite a meaningless one. There’s a reason why the cookie jar exists and there’s also a reason why it’s filled in a jar and not kept in a plate. A plate can barely accommodate the number of cookies that a human is capable of eating. I hope I am making sense to you because these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies will blow your mind.
Last week we learnt how to make cookie dough and when you learn to make it, there is a very good chance that you’re going to get addicted to it and therefore, may want to try lots of different combinations that can take your cookie baking experience to the next level. You may have come across my caramel apple cookies immediately after the cookie dough recipe and just to keep the cookie spirit alive, today we have these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies.
This is such an incredibly easy recipe and comes together in 15 minutes, considering you have the butter and eggs at room temperature. All you need to do then is cream the butter and sugar and add in the egg. In another bowl, you add the dry ingredients. The pistachios and chopped dark chocolate are added before you add the dry ingredients because this ensures that the mix – ins are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough. If you add the flour and then add your mix – ins there is a very good chance that the dough will have already come together and that will lead to pretty uneven distribution of the pistachios and chocolate chunk in the dough.
As with any cookie dough, the dough for these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies needs to be chilled as well before they’re popped in a hot oven. I had explained the reason for it when I’d taught you how to make cookie dough. Another thing to keep in mind when making these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies is to keep your roughly chopped chunks of dark chocolate into the refrigerator or freezer and use them only when you are adding it to the dough, right till the last minute. This ensures that the chocolate is a solid block and instead of melting away when making the dough, it only just begins to melt when the cookies are ready and this gives you that ooey – gooey melty chocolate chunks when you bite into these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies.
Let me now go ahead and describe the texture of these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies for you. The outside is crisp and crackly on the top. However, it is surprisingly chewy when you bite into it and the warm chunks of just melted chocolate add some moistness, which is immediately countered by the pistachios.
Let me assure you that these chocolate chunk pistachio cookies are going to be your new best friend and partner in crime as you devour complete seasons of your favorite TV show on Netflix.
- 150 grams sifted all-purpose flour,
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 grams unsalted butter
- 80 grams caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 40 grams pistachios, chopped roughly
- 90 grams dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- In a clean, dry bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
- Add the pistachio and dark chocolate and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients in three – four increments into the wet ones and mix well till smooth and pliable dough is formed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and slightly flatten the tops.
- Sprinkle with finely crushed pistachios and bake for 10 minutes.