Brown Butter and Chocolate popcorn; the ultimate snacking partner for movie nights with your loved ones. Made with fresh ingredients, free from processed stuff and healthy in all aspects.
I think this is the longest I’ve gone without blogging. It’s not like I was busy or didn’t want to blog. I was fighting a battle of my own.
Depression can be a CRAZY thing, really. It has the power to completely change you (could be for better or for worse). I’m glad mine was the former.
The last few months showed me who I really am and how strong a person can be. I was pushed to my limits. I was going nowhere with my education, clueless about what career path I should choose and to top it all off, all of my friends, especially the ones I thought would also stick with me for the long haul walked away; don’t ask me why because I don’t know the reasons myself. I never bothered asking because it was humiliating and heartbreaking enough to always go out of your way for others only to find that they would never do the same for you.
Life was just chaos and through this chaos I found the calm. It brought me closer to the few people who actually do care and would be there and that in itself was enough. Things are a lot clearer now. I’ve stopped dwelling in the past.
There are many things and a handful of people who helped me out of this difficult time. Fitness was one of them. It was during this dark phase of my life that I came across fitness and now I swear by it. I will also take this time to introduce a brand new theme for my blog – Join me as I bid my goodbyes to unhealthy, processed food and introduce you to a world of natural, wholefoods and delicious sweet and savory meals made without any processed or refined ingredients.
Healthy eating and a super active lifestyle not only got me out of my depression, it made me confident and gave a glow to my skin that I never knew was possible in the first place.
That is the power of good, earthly food and now we’ll go down this path together only to rediscover ourselves through food.
I’m sure we’ve got a lot of popcorn lovers here and sprucing it up can be exciting to the taste buds too. However, I’d urge you to use fresh corn kernels and not the ready-to-eat variety. It’s super simple – needs just organic, freshly made butter that has been browned + melted dark chocolate and freshly popped corn and you are good to go.
Snacking on these sweet, processed – free version of popcorn will make your taste buds dance and make your movie night marathons more interesting.
Enjoy your Brown Butter and Chocolate Popcorn!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp softened salted butter
- 1/3rd cup dark chocolate chunks / chips / grated, melted
- For the browned butter, in a saucepan on a medium flame, add the butter.
- Heat till it melts, then turns foamy and finally turns a nutty brown color.
- Take it off the heat immediately as it can burn quite quickly
- Skim the foam from the top and use only the brown liquid.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan with the flame on high, add 2 tbsp coconut oil and wait for it to heat up.
- Add 2-3 corn kernels to test if they pop.
- Once they do, add the rest of the kernels, cover the saucepan and constantly keep agitating the pan to avoid the popcorn from burning at the bottom and even popping.
- Once the popping sound has stopped, take it off the heat.
- Slowly take the lid off and check.
- CAUTION: The popcorn will continue to pop due to residual heat, so make sure you do not sink your face into the saucepan.
- Add the browned butter and mix well.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and mix well.