macarons

Pink Lemonade Macarons {No Nuts No Seeds}

macarons

Okay, so I probably have no idea as to why I am posting today.

Okay.

MAYBE, I DO!

I am bored.

Bored to death!

If you have been following me on my Instagram, you will realize how I have been spending days working on the DIY packaging. I’ve made cupcake toppers and DIY packaging labels and I can’t help but feel excited about them. They are SUCH CUTE BABIES!

So, yeah, I basically need to get the menu card flyers printed and upload one over my Facebook Page and I am sorted!

Until then, I need to study for a test!

That’s now scheduled for the 2ND of August.

OH WAIT!

Isn’t that tomorrow?

Ummm… well, my bad!

Guess will just have to wait till this super amazing post comes to an end.

pink lemonade macarons 0

Why? ‘cause I’m simply impatient!

What do you mean by why?

If your first attempt at making THE French Macarons is a success, that alone is reason for celebration!

OH MY GOD! I cannot believe that my macarons actually survived!

Beautiful feet.

Shiny shell

0 cracks

Crisp top and chewy insides!

GAHHHD!

What else do you need!

Oh wait!

Here’s the clincher!

pink lemonade macarons 034

THESE MACARONS HAVE NO NUTS OR SEEDS IN THEM!!!!!

Say whaaaaaa???

Oh yeah!!!

Wanna know how I made them?

I know you do!

Okay, so now, let’s get down to business!

These delicious pink lemonade macarons have a lovely strawberry flavoured shell and lovely tangy lemon curd filling.

pink lemonade macarons 049

Pink Lemonade Macarons {No Nuts No Seeds}

Makes 8 Macarons (16 shells)

Ingredients:

For the lemon curd:

Zest of 1 lemon

Juice of ½ a lemon

20 gms sugar

1 egg yolk

15 gms butter

For the Meringue:

1 egg white

38 gms caster sugar

Red food colour

For the Macaron:

50 gms icing sugar

38 gms strawberry flavoured oats {TADA!!!!!!! MY SECRET INGREDIENT)

Method:

The first step is to make the lemon curd.

Combine all the ingredients and cook on medium heat. Keep stirring. The mixture must thicken. This will approximately take about 8-10 minutes.

Once your lemon curd is done, keep it aside to cool.

Take an egg white in a clean metal bowl. There should be absolutely no water in the metal bowl.

Add the granulated sugar. Start beating the egg whites and sugar till it forms stiff peaks. This should take around 10 minutes. After about 9 minutes, add your food colour and beat for another minute at very high speed.

Now comes the tricky part – the Macronage.

Before you fold in your icing sugar and powdered strawberry flavoured oats, you must sift it very well. No large chunks of oats will be tolerated by your macaron and your shell may crack!

So sift the icing sugar and powdered oats.

Now, fold it in and give it about 30-35 strokes. Once you reach 30 strokes, take your spatula and drop a little of the mixture on a plate. It should take only about 30-40 seconds to get uniform again. If it doesn’t, you need to add in a few more strokes.

Once that’s done, fill it in your piping bag and pipe small circles on a greaseproof baking parchment. Once that’s done, rap your cookie tray real hard, at least twice on each side. This will knock out any air bubbles. Leave it to sit for about 20-30 minutes and then pop them in the oven that has been preheated to 150 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.

Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely (about 10 minutes) before peeling off from the parchment. Spoon a little curd into one shell and cover with the other.

pink lemonade macarons 060

Umm….OF COURSE I ATE IT!!!! :D

So, I hope you’re gonna try this!

It works like a charm!

Love,

xx

35 thoughts on “Pink Lemonade Macarons {No Nuts No Seeds}

1. Pingback: Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake {No Gluten No Sugar} | The Cupcake Confession

2. consuelohoneyandfigs

These look fantastic, I love the color combo!! So glad I discovered your blog, by the way. Your recipes are really great and I love the fact that they suit people’s special dietary needs, that’s so lovely! x

1. thecupcakeconfession

Thank you sooooooooo much Consuelo!!!!! I’m sooooo glad that you liked it! :) Oh yeah! My mom and grandparents keep complaining that my food makes them fat! -_- :P So I had to come up with something so they stop complaining! haha!

Thanks again!!!! :) :)

1. thecupcakeconfession

Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!! hahahaha!!! I had not intended to take a picture of that but it was the first time I made it and I was soooo excited to bite into it! :D I’m sooooo glad you liked it!!!!! :) :)

3. Monet

What an adorable color combo! I am way too scared to make macarons (silly, but true) so I’ll just have to stare at yours! Thank you for sharing.

1. thecupcakeconfession

Thanks a tonnnnnn Monet! That’s really so sweet of you! But you must totally give it a try! I was damnnn scared too but when it turns out well, you get the most awesomest feeling! :) Thanks for your encouraging words!!! :) :)

4. Sophie @ The Spotty Teapot

These look amazing, I love the bright pink colour, it really makes it something special! I’m working up the courage to try macaroons myself, I just haven’t got round to it yet :)
    Thanks for the comment on my blog; I love yours, and I’m definitely following you from now on :)
    x

1. thecupcakeconfession

Thank you soo sooo much Sophie!! You should definitely give it a go! After a while, you just get addicted to making them! :D Oh! those cupcakes looked simply DELISH! I had to comment and let you know that I loved them! especially that sugar rose and that quilting effect! Just the cutest!!! I’m looking forward to more amazing stuff on your blog! Love it! :) and thanks for such kind words!!!! :) :)

5. Pingback: Crispy Chicken Spring Rolls | The Cupcake Confession

6. Ellen

I think I am missing something where do you get strawberry flavored oats? Do you take the instant kind and grind them until they are powdered? I have been itching to try macaroons. Thanks

1. thecupcakeconfession

Hi Ellen!!! Yesss I totally use the Instant kind! We get Quaker oats here in various flavors!! So I empty the contents in a food mixer and I grind them till they form a powder and sift it along with the icing sugar. You must definitely try it! Do let me know when you do! And thanks for visiting my blog! :) :)

7. Ellen

I will be trying it, we have peach, strawberry, blueberry and banana flavors as well. Also much cheaper than almond flour. Can’t wait.

1. thecupcakeconfession

Whoaaa!!! WOW!!! We don’t get too many flavors here ! Just this strawberry one and a saffron & raisins one. The others are savory! And I totally agree with you! We don’t even get almond flour here! I’d practically have to spend half my monthly allowance on buying almonds and then grinding them! Too much work!! :D this is a much better option! Do let me know when you make them! :) :) This is sooooo exciting!

1. Ellen

I cannot believe it, it worked like a charm. I am so excited and cannot wait to try some other flavors. Inaddition to the fruit flavors we also have, maple and brown sugar, apple cinnamon and cinnamon roll flavors. I love experimenting and you really have me thinking. Thanks.

Ellen

1. thecupcakeconfession

hahaha!!! I’m soooooooo glad that you liked the recipe :) :) :) wowiieeeee soooooo many flavours!!!! I wish we could them here too!!! Maple and brown sugar!!!! apple cinnamon and cinnamon roll!!! God I can actually taste what the macarons will be like! Yum! Do let me know when you try these flavours! Thankssssss a ton Ellen! :)

1. thecupcakeconfession

Thankkkk you sooooo much Cass!!!!! Yuuusss Yuuusss!!! The best part about using these instant flavored oats is that you don’t really need to add additional flavoring! You should definitely try it!

8. Pingback: Kesar Pista {Saffraon Pistachio Macaron} + My Meeting with Chef Matt Moran | The Cupcake Confession

9. Pingback: Wholewheat Chocolate and Strawberry Oat Muffins {No Dairy No Sugar} | The Cupcake Confession

10. kamalikac1

Wow I was looking for such a long time for the nut less macarons…and here it is….Bookmarked and thank you for sharing….the secret ingredient is really looks worth to it…:D

11. Pingback: Rose and Raspberry Cheesecake Macarons {No Nuts No Seeds} + Big News!!!!!!! | {The} Cupcake Confession

12. Arushi Gupta

OMg at first I was so depressed because I have tried out So many different recipes for macarons with all that stupid almond meal and getting the feet right but none of them worked until I found your website!this recipe is amazing and since then my macarons have always been right!thanks so much<3

13. Pingback: Pink Lemonade Macarons | IMG Recipes| Share Your Favorite Recipes, Cooking Tips & Food Images

Add Comment Register